Friday, July 13, 2012

Project #9: Garden update

So I thought I would post an update to how our garden is doing so far this year. So far everything that we've planted is still alive and either has leaves or fruit, so that's always good.


In May my mom rocked the basil seedlings and I came home from Mother's Day with enough to run out of pots to replant them all in.
So much pesto waiting to happen...
That weekend I also came home with two different types of tomatoes as an experiment to see if we had the chops to actually grow some veggies. Surprising to say both plants are still alive and have tomatoes growing! Plus it was a good excuse to buy to large pots that will be repurposed for mint and something else after the tomatoes are finished.
Beafsteak tomatoes!
The petunias have done extremely well and I wish they were more of a year long, never need to replant them again but they sure love the front of the house and have really exploded in size and color!
Petunia explosion! They have almost overgrown our poor mandarin tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment